My LIFE... My Laughters, My Tears...

Monday, April 17, 2006

Mid aPRiL wEeKeNd

Hei people! I got updates about my weekend… since it’s holly week… and I have one week off from work, I always spend the whole night chatting. I slept when the sun rises and I woke up around noon time. but hey… it’s worth it man! Hahaha…

I wanna thank this guy (yg suka sok imut), his name is Mercy, but I call him Ecy for short. Just like Alwi, he is one of my closest chatmates. I knew Ecy from Alwi, and I knew Alwi from Bima, and I knew Bima out of nowhere, when I randomly sent questionnaires to the webmasters of some Indonesian online news websites. Anyways, just in a short period of time after I knew Ecy, I found out that Emil, an Alumni of PPMIP and De La Salle University turned out to be his officemate in PPA Consultants. It’s a small world after all. So… the point is that, I wanna thank ecy for helping me out with the contact numbers of the Indonesian filmmakers, that I would probably interview in gathering data for my thesis. Ecy’s friend, Dessy, used to work in Metro TV as a reporter and I think she’s now in advertising. Dessy was the one who supplied me with the database. I would also like to thank Dessy for giving the contacts of Nia Dinata, Christine Hakim, Riri Riza, Mira Lesmana, Lola Amaria. And One of my friends, Arya, from Trisakti also contribute in giving me the contact of Komang (comedian, DPR), and Rieke D. Pitaloka. And Danta, a new member of PPMIP, gave me the contact of Garin Nugroho and an Indonesian feminist. So… thanks to all of u… this means so much to me. Well actually I’m not going to contact them that soon, because I still have to get through the comprehensive exam and thesis proposal defense. I haven’t even chosen what films to analyze. I just wanna gather the database sooner so that I wouldn’t have to rush when the time comes.

Thursday, April 13th, Andre came in the afternoon. He wanted to pass his tuition fee for me to be the one to pay it for the coming term. He left for Indonesia last Friday. I was thinking of going back to Indonesia probably by the end of this year, using Air Asia… it’s cheaper and I could travel to Kuala Lumpur and Thailand for few days. That would be a great plan! I’ll just wait for Andre’s testimonial if his trip turns successful or otherwise ;p

In the evening, I went out with Sandhi for a short while. I went out to print a picture of a woman dancing a Balinese dance, Pendet. I’m going to use that as a pattern for my painting. Anis and I then cooked for dinner, damn good! Sundanese style! Don’t care if others don’t like it that much… but I like it to death hehehe…


Friday evening, April 14th… My friends came over… JJ, Sandhi, Shabun, and Crispy. We ordered Wendys, I ordered side salad, chili rice and iced tea, and I finished it in no time. While the guys were busy playing cards, I was thinking of getting started with my painting. Well… I was able to make it half done. I’ll finish it soon…


Saturday, April 15th, I stayed home… I woke up 5 pm! damn! I lost all those precious time!!! Then… the revenge comes to play the part. I went out with Anis and JJ. Thought Sandhi and Shabun were still in Plaza Fair for the band practice. They were already out when we arrived. Sooo… we went to Sisval, and boom!!!
All people followed us… so I was there, Anis, JJ, Sandhi, Shabun, Wandy, Ido, Kemal, Tyo, Aang, Seto, Crispy, Aya and Iedo. Most girls were in the room, we watched 3 Indo films. Vina Bilang Cinta, Virgin and Dealova. I’ve actually watched Vina Bilang Cinta once, but I don’t mind watching it for the second time, I like the story and I love Rachel Maryam in that movie. I just looove her style. Virgin, yes… I like the plot, even though that the movie was kinda vulgar, in terms of the script and gestures. but hey… sometimes that’s reality. I have many things in mind to critique on the movie. But I’ll discuss that in my thesis. Dealova? Hmmm sorry… but I don’t seem to like it. I even left the movie and went to North Park. I haven’t actually seen the whole movie, but I’ll try, next time. That night, I ate Mc Donald’s rice + fish fillet + coke and few hours later I ordered North Park’s NS9, noodle- nanking beef + shrimp dumpling. Yummy… it tasted like mie pangsit. Went home around 5 in the morning.

Sunday, April 16th, I woke up noon, went online for quite a while. Then went to Cartimart, to buy the food for my lovely lovebirds. And guess what… here is the interesting part. I took a taxi going to Cartimart, told the taxi driver to take me to the block where the animal shops are. I asked him if he could wait for me, I’ll just buy the food for my lovebirds, and then take me back home. Then he said, “do you have love birds?” I answered “yes”. He said he has 4, and I said “same, me too”. He said the colors are a pair of blue and another is green, and I said “mine too”. He said he has a parrot, I said “ how much did u buy it for? I’ve asked in Cartimart and it’s way too expensive: P15.000.”. He said, he got it from his province, Ilocos, I said, “can I buy the bird? How much?”. He doesn’t want to sell it! Hahahaha… then I asked him, “do you know anywhere I could buy a monkey?”. He then immediately said that, there are lots in his province. I was really really really excited, and asked how much would a baby monkey cost? He said “around P5000”. Not bad man, I agreed!!! I exchanged phone numbers with him. because he would get one for me. I asked him if the monkeys are endangered species, and he said “No”. I should believe him, because I really want to own a monkey. I still want to negotiate the price, though. He is kind enough, and oh! he found out that I’m not a Filipina, because of my slang Tagalog. It’s either people think I’m a balikbayan, coming from the US, or I’m a Visayan hahaha… anyways, I’ll be waiting for his text message one of these days.


Had a dance practice as usual. Had a meeting right after, because Niar wanted to give us briefing regarding our up coming trip to Santiago City, Isabela. Heris and Sendria were kind enough to host a dinner in their house @ Makati Prime Tower, room 900, Kalayaan Avenue. Me, Anis, JJ, Sandhi, Seto, Takur, Lalai, Crispy, Danta and the owner of the house, Heris and Sendria. Soto Ayam and Perkedel! Extralicious!!! Too bad they are going back home to Indo this coming Thursday. Hope we can meet again in the near future. Take Care guys...


And oh! I really like this quote, sent via sms by one of my friends:
"Faling down doesn't make a person a failure! But staying down does... so always remember that no one is perfect! And when you fall so hard... Just bounce back higher!!!" I always love words of encouragement. I'll keep that in Mind =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home